I have just switched to a Galaxy S5, and collect email for a few clients. Because this involves multiple different servers/domains, I don't want a "route it through our servers, and we'll do it for you" app. I would just like an app that "learns", as I mark email as spam, and has a folder I can double check. Thank you (in advance) for your help and suggestions!
    04-23-2015 04:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You might want to try a 3rd party email client like MailDroid.
    04-24-2015 01:02 PM
    Correct. MailDroid has a spam plugin that you can get for this.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-28-2015 08:45 AM
    Unfortunately, almost all Android spam filters are address-based, not content-based, and no one's written a Bayesian (content-based) filter for any Android phone (it takes tons of storage). I'm waiting for the people at POPFile to write an Android version. After a few months of training on an email account I have that gets hundreds of spam emails a day, with POPFile I see maybe as many as 5 emails a week. It's not quite artificial intelligence, but it's close. (Maybe if enough of us begged them, they'd think about it.)

(MailDroid is the same thing - it filters by known spam addresses. If their server doesn't know a new spam server, you'll see the spam. Conversely, if you want email from a server or account they consider spam, you won't get it.)
    04-28-2015 06:30 PM
    Rukbat,

That is incorrect. First, we don't have a spam server. Second, we don't filter by known spam addresses (though we do have a black list). Finally, our spam plugin is a text classification spam filter that learns over time and it does include a Bayesian classifier :-)
    05-02-2015 09:10 PM
    OKI, but how to increase the blocked list beyond 200 after it gets full? I am gettein many SPAMS and this list is full and doesn't accept more addresses!
    12-28-2016 01:31 PM