Can I get some help fixing a Nexus 5 battery issue?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 Battery Issue

Hi Guys

I have searched through endless threads and it seems this is a common problem however I want to know if anyone has done what I have done and still had issues.

Recently I began to notice my phone wasn't charging properly and thought id run the battery to 0% to reset the parameters and do a full charge. However this didn't go smoothly and once my phone ran out of juice and turned itself off I couldn't get it back on again while on charge, I would just get a flashing red light at the bottom. I tried different chargers but nothing worked. Eventually I fixed it by following some advice online while you have to remove the battery ribbon while powering on and plugging it back in when the Google logo appears, this got it to a stage where you could now see the batter charging icon rather than a flashing red light.

My phone still however wont charge normally, I have changed the battery and tried different chargers but the best I get is like 3-4% charge per hour and extremely fast battery drain. I have used GSam battery app but its not even able to tell me how long until charged and when plugged in atm at 25% it shows 463Ma but this can vary down to 56Ma so is this the rate of charge as if it is that is pretty low? This is also with only OS tasks running and no apps other than Gsam with screen brightness right down.

My phone is running stock OS Lollipop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Battery Issue

Welcome to Android Central.

Are you sure that the USB port on the phone is clean and undamaged?

Posted via the Android Central App