Traveling to Croatia, Slovenia and Austria with Verizon S4-do I have to buy a sim for each country?

A

AC Question

Traveling to Croatia, Slovenia and Austria with Verizon S4

Trying to understand best way to have my s4 fully functional during my travels - phone calls, navigation, etc. I think I would blow past Verizon global plan limits. I have read some discussions about using GSM and buying local sim card/local carrier service. Would I need to do this for each country visited? Can I get set up before I leave? Any help is welcome!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Traveling to Croatia, Slovenia and Austria with Verizon S4

First thing I would do is call Verizon and ask if there is anything they need to do to unlock the phone for international use. That MAY be all you need to do. From what I can see, the S4 should be 'international-ready' and have the bands needed. You will most likely need a SIM for every country you go to though... but I can't be sure about that aspect.

kikiriki92

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Traveling to Croatia, Slovenia and Austria with Verizon S4

Since all of Verizon's LTE phones come fully unlocked to any GSM carrier you will have no problems using your S4 in these countries. I would suggest you to use domestic carriers, like tourist bonbon in Croatia (google it, i can't post links right now), because you will get a lot more for your money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781