I have a Galaxy S5 Active and was using the flashlight and the phone said I had an update and it started while the flashlight was on. After the update I have bunch of different settings for my camera, which is great, but my flash button is turned off and it won't let me turn it on. I restarted my phone and it still won't turn on. What do I need to do?
    04-26-2015 10:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any other apps that have control over the LED flash, like a flashlight app? If so, that app might be preventing you from using the flash.

Is the flash setting stuck on Auto, or Off? If it's on Auto and you can't adjust it, maybe the phone is set on Easy Mode.
    04-27-2015 01:01 AM
    OK, I had the same problem and couldn't find an answer anywhere. I figured it out my self. I knew it probably had to do with the different configuration of the Active. So here you go:

Click on the small compass / flashlight button. Click on flashlight. Go to the bottom and you will find the brightness turned all the way down. Bring this up to max. Back out and presto! Hope this helps a lot of people.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-05-2016 07:01 AM
    Since I had downloaded Marshmellow to my S5 Active the camera flash has not been available or worked. Tried all the forms and no luck. All flashlight apps work fine. all other camera functions work great. Went to a Samsung guy @ Bestbuy who just works with Samsung he had no joy. Anyone have a clue?
    03-27-2017 08:45 PM
    Also since marshmellow the hole phone lags
    03-27-2017 08:46 PM
    HI guys

I just got used Samsung s5 and I was preparing for using it ..

I opened the camera app and I desperately have no idea why the flash is not working while the flashlight app working fine.

And guess what with several tries I figured it out.

Open camera app - press settings logo in up left corner.

The settings choices will pop up front of you.
    There is an option called ( Selective focus - ON ) . Jut turn it Off by clicking on it and your flash using options will enables.

I hope you can get benifits of this ideas.

Thanks
    11-10-2018 04:51 PM