Why won't Sprint Galaxy S3 won't power on or charge?

A

AC Question

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) worked great until it was dropped. Powered itself off and won't power on or charge. I have tried several things and nothing seems to be working. I tried removing the battery and reinstalling it and it would vibrate go to the Samsung logo and shut off. Power switch doesn't seem to work. I tried plugging the charger in and it does nothing. I remove the battery and plug in the charger and the red light comes on, but when I reinstall battery it goes off. I have tried removing battery and holding down power switch for 1 minute then reinstalling battery and it will do the same thing, vibrate and stop at Samsung logo and shut off. I tried removing battery and when reinstalling it hold down the home key and volume+ key and it will say loading recovery but then shut back off. The repair store where I live said it needed a new LCD Display and Digitizer??? I shouldn't be able to see the Samsung logo screen, Correct? I need to power on phone to remove some files and photos, Can this be done??? Please Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think it's a screen problem. Here are some possibilities:

1. Try a new battery. Perhaps the trauma from the drop damaged the battery, causing some internal leakage. You can confirm a bad battery by removing it, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, it's a bad battery. But lack of spin doesn't rule out the possibility.

2. Try a different charging cable. Cables can fail, and the drop might have been coincidental.

3. The drop could have loosened some connections within the phone. You would probably have to bring to a repair shop to check, but if you're bold, you could try taking it apart yourself to check--there are plenty of how-to videos on YouTube. But you could also royally screw things up if you're not careful.

4. The drop could have damaged the microUSB port--this can be replaced relatively easily by a technician.

5. The motherboard could have been damaged. In this case, you pretty much have to get it repaired by a professional (or just get a new phone, since the cost of repair might not be worth it). You'd also lose any data on Internal Storage.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7