My Galaxy Note 4 corrupts my pictures

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy note 4 on Sprint and have recently updated to lollipop. shortly after, my 64 gb memory card was completely corrupted so I purchased a Samsung Evo 64 gb memory card. Now, I have formatted the memory card several time and maybe a day or two later, every video or photo I take corrupts randomly. I've done to system resets and have formatted the memory card 2 or 3 times with no success. is this a known issue as I can't find it anywhere online.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be a bad card. When it corrupts, put it into a card reader and run chkdsk on it (see Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card).

It could also be a bad update. See if your local Sprint store does anything more than sales and, if they do, ask them if they could reflash the update (not a fresh Lollipop ROM, just the update) for you.

It could also be something similar to what Samsung did with the S3 4.3 update - it corrupted their own cards. If that's the issue, you'll have to wait for an Android update, or for SanDisk to modify their cards to not get corrupted, the way they did for 4.3.

Analyzing a problem like that takes a lot of time and a bit of experience - pointing to a specific cause online like this is just about impossible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon