After updating my phone with the Lollipop update, it seemed to work fine for a few days. All of a sudden one day it completely froze causing me to do a battery pull. When I first turned my phone back on it was completely blank except for my background picture. No apps, no phone option, nothing. After a few minutes it all seemed to come back. Everything seemed to work fine once the apps showed back up, but then I noticed that I could no longer use my camera. I would try and take pictures and it wouldn't take. I looked in my Gallery and 90% of my pictures were gone. I pulled my SD card and reinstalled it, and it told me it was formatting it or something. It now just tells me that its safe to remove SD card. I cant use certain apps any longer. I lost about 600 pictures. I have no clue what has happened or if I can fix any of this. I do know that no matter how many restarts/ battery pulls/ SD card pulls I do, nothing is working.
    04-28-2015 09:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? I'm betting on some kind of Samsung. It sounds like the SD card got corrupted somehow. If you subsequently removed the card without Unmounting first (in Settings>Storage), that could further corrupt data (it's like removing a flash drive from your PC without Ejecting it first). Then if it said it was formatting the card when you reinserted it, it's probably wiped whatever data was remaining.

Unmount the card and remove it again, then insert into your computer's SD reader. Run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html. Also see here for possible recovery methods: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ted-files.html

Do a cache partition wipe (if possible)--we need to know which device, though.
    04-28-2015 11:58 AM