Why does my Moto G screen flicker then dies?

A

AC Question

Moto g screen flickers then dies

My moto g got a little wet and I decided to power it off. Right after it got wet the screen still worked, but then I powered it down as I thought that would help. But when I try to power it back on, the screen just flickers and then dies. Any ideas?

robinhood187

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto g screen flickers then dies

just a little dunk, then I got it out and it worked fine for a while. Then the screen started flickering a bit and I decided to power it off. I can power it back on and everything seems to work fine, except the screen won't light up. I can unlock my phone (using the pattern without seeing the screen) and power it back off and such, I just can't see anything on the screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto g screen flickers then dies

A little dunk sounds like it actually got immersed in water. That means water had a good chance of getting into the internals. If you didn't dry it out immediately with something like rubbing alcohol (as described by Rukbat in the previously linked guide), then the moisture that got in was able to start causing damage. Once the damage starts, it can progress over time. The screen might eventually fail completely, along with other components.