Overheating LG G Pad 8.3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How hot? Uncomfortably or painfully hot, or just pretty warm? It's normal for devices to heat up a fair amount when running a graphics-intense app.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and to be honest without access to the kernel there really isn't any way to reduce heat other than not gaming. I tried for about 4 months to find fixes for the heat problem. There were no fixes other than installing a custom kernel which imo I should just go all the way and do a full custom ROM. It doesn't completely fix it because it is a simple fact that the SoC being used just gets hot when running games with 3D at reasonable FPS. With most custom kernel/ROMs you can set the clock speed lower to reduce the heat but it will also reduce the performance at an almost equal rate.

AnthonyLaprocina

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I don't know how to do all the customization ROM installing. May just sell it on eBay, and buy a more powerful tablet. Been having my eyes on the Galaxy Tab S.

Posted via the Android Central App

Scorpio2177

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Anthony,
I had the same issue with mine(LG GPad 8.3 VK810, right?). I also had issues with it not syncing, not being able to access my Cloud, etc., etc. I was told to send the device back, so I could get a new one(& to explain this next issue, I'd have to send a pic, I'll try in a bit), but the tablet was powered down & I had it charging, you could see the little battery notification on the front-that it was charging-, I went up to take a shower, came down to leave about 45 minutes later, I could not turn the damn thing on what-so-ever!!!:mad: The store couldn't get it to turn on, nada!:mad::mad:
I had to send my tablet back without getting ANY of my info off of it!!:mad::mad::mad:
Ever since Google:-[ did their damn update, both my G3 & GPad have been overheating:confused:! I'm on my 2nd replacement device...so a total of 3 G3s...& the one I activated on Wednesday, is already overheating!!
I don't know what I'm going to do.

Ok, I figured out how to add the pix...I hope...I don't even know what Rooting is, how to do it, what it does, OR how this happened to my tablet, but I only got this on my screen when it was powered off & charging.

Attachments

• LGGPadVK810Tablet-Charging&Rooted-7-18-2015-1600.jpg
    LGGPadVK810Tablet-Charging&Rooted-7-18-2015-1600.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 1
  • VZW Screenshot-TabletWhileOff&Charging0713152104.jpg
    VZW Screenshot-TabletWhileOff&Charging0713152104.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member