I purchased two of these phone's from T mobile. Both are having the same issue. Either the call will completely drop or the other side can't hear me and I can't hear them for about 20 seconds. I already turned off VoLTE and still have the same issue. I am seeing I am not the only one having this issue but I saw a post from someone saying a Master reset helped. Has anyone else tried? I don't want to do it for no reason.
    04-30-2015 03:04 PM
    First install SignalCheck Lite and see what kind of signal you have. If it's really weak (-120dBm or lower), you're going to drop calls, because TMobile doesn't cover where you are.

If you drop calls with a -87cBm signal or better (smaller negative number), take the phones to TMobile and ask them not to just give you another phone, but to solve the problem. If they won't, call them, ask for (or use the "press 1 for ..." nonsense to get) the Retention Department and remind them that inability to provide service terminates the contract, so you can leave them without an ETF - so if Retention wants to retain you as a customer (that's their only purpose), you'd appreciate an actual fix within, say, a week. (You have to reasonable.) Then, if they can't do it, return the phones for a full refund (they terminated the contract, so they pay any fees associated - and if they argue, mention a suit for taking your money for a service they can't provide - which is also known as fraud, and which is also prosecuted as a crime) and go to a carrier that gives you good coverage. There are VERY few places where TMobile is your only choice (and I'm talking about places the size of a house, or many miles out in the country - if you're near a large town or a city, you have other choices).

Carriers give us the run-around because we don't complain. People who make reasonable complaints usually get what they ask for. (I just got a late fee waived about 15 minutes ago - because they never sent me a bill. Their fault, they can pay the late fee - and the representative laughed and agreed with me.)
    04-30-2015 03:26 PM
    It's not t-mobile. I've used them for years and it's annoying when everyone is all "O it's your carrier". No. It's the phone. I have t-mobile and an S6, and my S4 rarely dropped a call. If you look around online you will see that a lot of people have this issue. So far all I've seen that works is replacing it, although one person said doing a factory reset cleared up the problem.
    07-07-2015 11:18 AM