Why is my Galaxy S5 battery draining so fast?

A

AC Question

Greetings, everyone.

I know that the Galaxy S5 is notorious for having poor battery life, but what I woke up to this morning was absolutely mind-boggling. I went to sleep with the battery at about 70 or 80%, woke up 8 hours later to it at 56%. That's when I immediately knew something was wrong. It never sinks tat fast overnight. Then, I started checking e-mails and stuff, and I noticed the battery was draining by 1% like every 30 seconds.

I didn't do anything different with my phone than usual. The screen brightness is on 50% so I know that's not the problem. I don't have many background apps either.

I did drop it last night and the back cover popped off, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Can someone help me figure out what's going on? I currently have it on ultra power saving mode until I can get to my charger.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt