Has anyone had trouble with the charging port on the phone?

A

AC Question

My phone is not a year old yet and tried to charge it one day and the charging cord would not fit into the port. A friend of mine took a look at it and showed me that I could charge it using another charger - of course it took awhile for it to charge vs. the charger my phone came with.

I took it into T-Mobile and the Cust. Service guy looked at it and said that the inside of the port seemed bent and said that it would be covered by warranty and gave me a number to call.

When I called and explained my issue the Cust. Service person told me I could use the insurance I have and not the warranty. I argued with him that "I spent over $700 to purchase the phone and that the device should be able to withstand the input and the output of the charging cord and this is a manufacture defect." He agreed to process the warranty but threatening me that when I send my phone that it will be taken apart piece by piece and if the conclusion that I did this intentionally I will be charged up to $900.00 for the "refurbished" phone I received! I repeated my point and he repeated as if discouraging me to make the claim. I was so upset I hung up on him and had contacted my husband to deal with this. The same thing happened with my husband.

The best of all - there is no recorded that we called about this problem on our account!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I'm not sure whether damage to the USB port would count as fair wear and tear. You really need to consult someone with legal knowledge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Your situation is unfortunate,, but If it is bent and the device is a year old , it is most likely caused by abuse, whether intentional or accidental,knowingly or unknowingly.

It can be something as simple as constantly removing the cord at a sharp angle.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante