Why Does Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Not Display Missed Phone and Text Messages on the lockscreen?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and was forced to update from KitKat to Lollipop. Before this update, missed phone calls and text messages would show up on my lock screen, I then was aware right away that I had missed text and/or phone messages, and also could access these without having to unlock the screen. With this Lollipop update, I now no longer know at a glance that I've received and missed a phone message or text message. I only become aware of this if I unlock my screen. This is totally ridiculous, especially if the phone or text message was critical. If I didn't unlock my screen, I'd be unaware of having received messages. It looks like Lollipop totally overwrote a good functionality that was on KitKat and I'm angry about this.

When are you planning to fix this issue and can you please suggest a workaround or an app that I can put on so I can once again see missed phone and text messages from my lock screen?

Lollipop has been touted as a step forward from KitKat. But, in adding functionality, you got rid of some good things. Why couldn't you have left this particular functionality alone? As they say, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. You really messed up on this one. Please fix this problem ASAP. I've talked to several others who upgraded to Lollipop on their Samsung Galaxy S5 and encountered this same problem and are very unhappy that this functionality is no longer there.

I would recommend that people not upgrade to Lollipop and stick with KitKat, even though there are no longer any upgrades available for it. It appears to be a much better firmware than Lollipop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87