Can I turn off emoticons on my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Every time I typed : and ), it shows it like normal while I'm typing, but when it sends, it shows this stupid yellow face. It's the same if someone sends me the same smile. I've tried turning off Smart Emojis, I've downloaded Google Keyboard and tried installing "Emoji for English words" and uninstalling it, but nothing seems to be working. Is there something I'm missing, or am I stuck with these crazy looking faces?

redlaurem

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I actually had to call Samsung about this. I hate emoticons and hashtags. They are the stupidest things ever! But anyways, you are probably using your phone providers text messaging but if you change it to the phones text messaging app then you won't have to worry about those stupid faces. Let me know if this helps.

caroline2009

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes!! That worked, thank you so much! I didn't even think to look for another texting app, I'm so relieved. I changed how I was texting so I wouldn't have to see the stupid faces from my side, but I was still annoyed seeing them come from other people. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance