I have never done this, so details are helpful. Thanks.
    05-09-2015 11:08 AM
    I would suggest looking at xda forums for root instructions. Search for your device and go to that forum and find the root thread.

They had a lot of good info about rooting. I took my first dive following very easy instructions there, asking a couple of questions in the thread.

I suggest reading the entire thread on rooting your device, before starting. To me, someone new at rooting can't go wrong with checking xda, ensure that forum is dedicated to Android development.

And a warning.. They are less laid back over there, don't have as much patience if someone doesn't really search forums and ask a question that has been asked many times before.

Now, if you are rooting and following the thread for your device and carrier to root, the OP of the thread and general members are usually good to answer your questions. Let them know you are rooting for the first time, if you have questions, then they won't give you answers that are above your knowledge level.

There are people here that are knowledgeable concerning rooting, xda just gets more detailed, and step by step directions, and I think that is important for new rooters. I waited so years to try and root a phone because I couldn't find easy, step by step detailed instructions all together. I found them at xda.

They are also very knowledgeable about things if something goes wrong and can help you get your phone back on track.
    05-09-2015 11:52 AM