This worked great, Turned right On. But what i want to know is WHY did my phone do this in the first place ?
    Does ANYONE know why this happened? Its Obviously a software issue, and we all have different apps, but what are the common denominators?
    08-16-2015 07:20 PM
    I did the pressing of the 4 buttons, volume plus and minus, home key and power on key and it worked. Thank you for the information. I don'd understand why this should happen, but I am happy it can be resolved simply.
    08-16-2015 09:36 PM
    The four-button thing worked BUT erased my whole phone.

Looks like SmartSwatch sync wasn't as automatic as I thought -- it seems to be dated two weeks ago. Luckily, I pulled all my photos off my phone as I took them, and everything else should be easy (though time consuming!!!!) to replace.

If anyone can figure out why this happens, I'd really like to know. I do not want to go through it again!
    08-18-2015 11:22 AM
    Thank you so much, just got my S6 4 days ago and shut off on me, took it to a Sprint store and they did not know what was going on, found this post and now have my phone working again. thank you so much.
    08-22-2015 12:21 AM
    this phone is brand new samsung Galaxy S6 edge , had it for three weeks and today i had to send it back to samsung customer service in nj because i can not deal with T-mobile customer servicesuck! anyways i woke up and missed my alarm to work to find a $900 samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone compleatly dead dark screen with only a green LED light on Ps. my bumbass paid full upfront for this phone so my only hope right now lies on Samsung getting their ****tty Overpriced samsung Galaxy S6 edge phone to work again.

DONT buy samsung Galaxy S6 edge
    08-23-2015 11:38 PM
    Woke up this morning. Phone COMPLETELY dead. Thought might of had condensation water damage from being really cold overnight.(havent heard of this happening but cant give a reason for phone to die) Press and hold home,power, volume down for 5 seconds and phone swithced on! Gives warning for custom rom installation (use volume down to cancel) boots up. fixed! Kept all my data too. Just saved me so much time and money.
    THANK YOU.
    08-28-2015 04:00 PM
    I just got my phone 2 months ago and this is the second time something went wrong with my phone. The first time the finger print didn't work so I had to wipe my phone clean. This time I left my phone on because my daugther is over a friends house and if I get a call late that night I would be able to answer. Yes holding all of the buttons worked for me and I still have everything on my phone.
    08-31-2015 06:09 AM
    MIne is doing this too, did you figure it out?
    09-08-2015 08:01 PM
    None of the fixes worked for me. The screen is black and the blue led is lit, it charges, it acts like it's going to restart, but it's paperweight status.
    09-08-2015 10:31 PM
    Just try holding the power button and both the volume up and down for 7 seconds. That's what worked for mine when all that worked was the the blue led indicator.
    09-09-2015 06:31 AM
    All I did to mine was press and hold the power and the volume for a few seconds and it came right back on... I know I freaked out too, this is the 3rd time it happens to me. I wonder if is something to do with the phone it self!
    09-17-2015 08:20 AM
    I would like to thank you for your instruction on how to turn the phone on. I bought this phone only 4 months ago. Yesterday evening, my phone turned itself off for no apparent reason so I thought it died (not charging either). Thinking that I will now have to deal with Metro PCS all day, you really saved my time and money. Thank you again.
    09-18-2015 08:14 AM
    I was really concerned with my phone not turning on. This is my second galaxy 6, the first one stopped on me two weeks ago. I received a new phone and today it totally shut down, would not turn on but the red charging light remained on. I took your advice and it powered up like nothing was wrong. I did not get a menu, it just showed me the percentage of power I had and came right on.

Thank you for the information.
    09-25-2015 12:58 AM
    After fully charging my new 5 day old Galaxy S6, it suddenly died when I went to use it. The power button did not respond at all. After reading this forum, I pressed all 4 buttons and the phone turned back on again! Thank you for the tip!
    09-28-2015 05:09 AM
    Hi brought my new s6edg just 6hours used. Now it's hanging can't even make a call !!!! But thankfull for users replies I used that 4keys now it work proper. But why it happens !!!! What is the reason friends ...
    10-03-2015 01:03 PM
    I have tried doing the 4 buttons thing it doesn't work I'm just getting a blue screen that says downloading do not restart Wat else can I do
    10-10-2015 02:12 AM
    Thank you so much! Holding four buttons to reboot is genius. Samsung Chat help didn't know of a way to reboot my S6 or didn't think I was smart enough to push four buttons at once. So appreciate your help!
    10-11-2015 11:07 PM
    My s6 is 3 months old. It turned itself off last night and is completely unresponsive. Does not respond to the 4 or 3 button trick. No lights. Pc doesn't recognize it as a drive. Absolutely nothing. At&t agreed to send me another one, but i need my files off of it. Anyone know how to get to them?
    10-18-2015 03:26 PM
    i tried to hold all four buttons but it wont give me those options ? what do i do ?
    10-21-2015 04:44 PM
    This thread and the replies gave me hope that I didn't brick my phone so I felt the need to share my experience in case someone else has a similar experience.

So I got my replacement S6 from Asurion and on the 17th day of owning it it just shut off. It was late so I didn't think twice. I put it on the charger and went to sleep. The next day, it should have had a full charge but it wouldn't wake up. No red/green/blue lights at all. I tried different chargers, different outlets, nothing worked. I tried the volume down/power option--nothing. I saw on here someone said it worked connected to the computer. I tried the hard/soft resets and I actually heard the little ding the computer made when something connected to it. Nothing happened on the phone though. I went to 2 different sprint stores and they couldn't figure it. I left it on the charger from last to this morning (about 12 hours) and figured I'd try again. I tried the volume down and power button and for about 2 seconds the charger lightning bolt icon appeared with 0% and then shut off. I tried the 4 button step about 5 times after that and it finally turned on, holy sh*t. It turned on with 12% battery. Weird considering it was on the charger for 12 hours.

Anyways, I must have tried hard/soft resets over 100 times and randomly it worked today. So keep hope if you have the patience. The kicker? Everything was there as if this experience never happened. Didn't think that would be the case after all those resets...
    11-05-2015 02:53 PM
    thank you so much holding the 4 buttons worked perfectly. thought my phone was effed saved me so much heart ache.
    11-27-2015 07:24 PM
    Phone isn't even a week old and this just happened to mine. None of the suggestions work. Any other ideas?
    12-01-2015 01:09 AM
    Hey guys!!! My samsung has been about a week old now and i can safely say that all I've done to it is transfer data from my old phone... The fingerprint is having issues (doesn't recognise driver, sometimes) and now the phone won't boot but indicates the blue led light..... What's going on?????
    12-14-2015 03:21 AM
    thank you very berry much for your this wise advise. omg, you have no idea what i was about to do with my phone, but u save the day. thank you very much once again
    12-21-2015 04:44 AM
    Hey guys, kinda weird version of the same question. My screen is busted. As in, a couple blinking pixels, but otherwise black. I could tell the phone was still working though. Could power off and on, could hear it unlock with fingerprint, etc. Been like that for 2 days. All of the sudden it just stupped working all together. Could one of you give me the complete step-by-step way to do the "4 Button" restart. I'll be working blind, so need to know exactly what you see, which buttons to hit, and in what sequence. Thanks so much!!!
    12-31-2015 03:30 PM
91 1234