How do you revert back to kit kat from lollypop?

A

AC Question

I actually got a new phone to get rid of lollipop and now the phone is trying to autoupdate. How do I block auto update and how do I revert in case it actually does update? I don't like Android 5.0

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
What device are you using? If your using a Samsung device than you can use Odin to flash your phone to KitKat. If LG than you can use the LG flash tool. Btw, what don't you like about lollipop? I personally like it better than KitKat in almost every way. It works good on my Samsung Galaxy S5. If you have one of these phones than you can reply back saying so and I can give you a helpful video or step by step instructions.

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

sls2004

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't like the look, the colors, there's no separation...I like the grid of 4.4.4. I just can't figure out how to block updates. I go to settings, about, updates, but I have no option to uncheck automatic updates.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
There use to be an option to disable update with an app called "disable services" I can't seem to find that option now, but you can use this method, which you need root to do this.
38bd29de83291481b5d6b46fb861b7a0.jpg

Sent from Mr. Mobile Nations using a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5

sschenher

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I do have an S5. I just don't like the way 5.0 looks. I like the grids in 4.4. In 5.0 there's just too much white going on. On either version, I hate all the extras and I don't know what to u install in case something gets messed up. I'm thinking of rooting my phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49