I removed my system apps, please help me where should I start to fix this?

Calvin Valencia

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Wanting to save some space in my internal memory coz I can't find a way to save my apps to external memory, I saw the apk files in device/system/app folder and tried to move some(ex. Google Play/Services) to my external memory just in-case anything happen I can just put it back. I can still able to open them with no problem even without their apk files in the said folder so I selected all the apk files, moved all to my sd card then suddenly after moving all there was an error message like "____ has stopped working" then my phone restarted and it cant past the Arc Mobile Loading screen. by the way my phone is Arc Mobile Nitro 401d and it's rooted. It only does sound when I plug to my pc.

I have downloaded some things that can fix this but I'm still clueless where to start.

you guys can scold me for this :(

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: I deleted my system apps, please help me where should I start to fix this?

Your only recourse here would be to reload the factory image... which you may or may not be able to do. The system partition is pretty locked down... and it is a lot easier to remove something from the system area than add it back in. In particular, Google Play Services involves quite a lot of files and services.

Do some Google searches on how to reload the stock image on your phone's model and you might be able to get not only the files you need, but the steps to correctly flash the image on to your phone.

If the files exist to reload your phone, the steps to do it will also be out there somewhere. Every phone is different.

Calvin Valencia

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your reply maduro78!
I can access the Factory mode now using this guide.
firmwares2you.blogspot.com/2015/01/arc-mobile-nitro-401d-firmware-stock.html

Calvin Valencia

May 12, 2015
Visit site

I finally fixed my phone already thanks for the help guys.
Flashing removed my app shortcuts but their files still remain inside the internal memory. I don't get it why.. Maybe I can just overwrite them with the newly installed one? Anyway good thing I backed-up everything using titanium before I play around my phone.
Just pm me here, email or msg me on FB to those who have the same problem or need to flash the same phone model. :)
firmwares2you.blogspot.com/2015/01/arc-mobile-nitro-401d-firmware-stock.html

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You made backups! Smart move. So many people make the mistake of fussing with system software without making any kind of backup.

I'm surprised your internal memory didn't get wiped. Most phones will blast the whole phone when loading factory images... Including any and all local backups.

semitech

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

This happened to me and I have a galaxy note 2 . I tried samsung store, att (was android market when purchased then it updated automatically to google play store) samsung techs on phone and store gave up and reffered me back to At&t store where purchased. They couldn't or wouldn't (my contract/warranty was up) and tried to sell me a phone .I want this phone but can no longer get online, download apps ,etc.

I was getting an error mess. to delete photos,videos , apps to make room when I tried to take photos yet it wouldn't let me go into my photos to do so ( I also had 29g room on my external that it obviously not seeing)

So I called Samsung tech for help and he directed me to delete the main play store app.He thought he was having me delete an app from the google store that I never used , but when I hesitated and said I don't think I want to delete the one you had me scroll to he insisted trust me blah blah...(I new better!) then transferred me ...hung up...Ive been through everything on my phone and was only able to reinstall the play store icon

I searched google as you also suggested above the apk thing which sent me to a site that just told me what the latest updates to google play were :(
any other ideas? plz
some say you can't really delete an app that comes on your phone when purchased so where did it go?
I dont recognize anything as it when i dig around in the settings(neither did the samsung techs at store three looked, but hey, they got me in this mess! soo) but I also don't know how it might be listed.