What can I do to retrieve lost pictures?

A

AC Question

I'm not sure what the source of the issue is so I don't know how to go about recovering the photos. I tried to transfer about 30k photos from my Note 4's SD card straight to my PC desktop by cutting and pasting. I left my phone for about 2 hours to let it do so and when I came back, a folder was created on my desktop. Unfortunately, only the folder was there with none of the contents. Upon checking my SD card, the folder was missing as though it were transferred over completely. Now I've checked and searched my PC with no results to show for it. If anything, the files might be in my card. I checked the LOST.DIR but found nothing. Does anyone have any clue what happened and what I could do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Oh boy.:-\ Was the card inserted into the computer's SD reader, or was it in the phone and you were connected via USB? Massive data transfers might cause more risk of data errors or loss--I usually prefer to copy large groups of files in smaller batches, rather than en masse.

Did you use the "Move" function or the "Copy" function? In this kind of situation, Copy is preferred, because it leaves the original files alone, while Move will delete the originals once it thinks the transfer is complete. This can obviously be a problem if the files weren't moved properly.

JiweiJin

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I used the cut option. I wasn't aware that an error like that would occur. Usually I prefer moving small batches but in this instance I was a bit impatient. At this point, is there anything I can do to recover them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza