What are the effects of uninstalling some System app?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
If I uninstall Google + and Samsung Account(knowing that I don't use any Samsung apps like Chaton or S app market) what could be the effects?

Posted via the Android Central App

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I can not tell you why your phone is not working the way it is supposed to, sorry. I have no idea. All I can do is get you the directions from a Google search or instructions on how I did something.

I'll continue to search also but thanks anyway!
Do you have anyother tips/suggestions for freeing my internal memory and ram so as for my device to run smoothly?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll continue to search also but thanks anyway!
Do you have anyother tips/suggestions for freeing my internal memory and ram so as for my device to run smoothly?

That is why it was asked earlier what problems you are having.

If you can detail the problems you are having, there might be some other fixes and you not need to move anything.

Last edited:

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Free space in internal memory does not mean your device will run smoother or faster. It just means you have free space.

Free RAM does not mean your device will run smoother or faster. It just means you have unused RAM. Android handles RAM differently than Windows. It's normal, desirable behavior for RAM to run around 75-80% full, maybe even a little higher.

There's no need to close apps, clear memory or handle system processes manually. Android does all that automatically and much more efficiently.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Free space in internal memory does not mean your device will run smoother or faster. It just means you have free space.

Free RAM does not mean your device will run smoother or faster. It just means you have unused RAM. Android handles RAM differently than Windows. It's normal, desirable behavior for RAM to run around 75-80% full, maybe even a little higher.

There's no need to close apps, clear memory or handle system processes manually. Android does all that automatically and much more efficiently.

So what can you advice me for making my device faster?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So what can you advice me for making my device faster?

If you already have slimmed animations and don't have any garbage running, then the best advise would be to get a better device. This was very bad budget device in 2012 and it is now 2015. If updating the hardware is an option, I would recommend doing that asap.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
To max your device's speed...

Depending on what is installed, disabling or uninstalling some apps might help a little. Uninstall any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary Most such apps are actually counterproductive. They actually waste power and disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Use a minimum of widgets. I don't use any. Could help just a bit,

It might help - or not - to do a factory reset, just to start over fresh. But you may gain little or nothing for the effort.

Beyond this, it gets much more complicated.

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
If you already have slimmed animations and don't have any garbage running, then the best advise would be to get a better device. This was very bad budget device in 2012 and it is now 2015. If updating the hardware is an option, I would recommend doing that asap.

I was thinking of updating the software using custom rom bu' every article I found sent me to an invalid URL! On a cloud which requires surveys and even after doing the surveys I didn't get the files!

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
To max your device's speed...

Depending on what is installed, disabling or uninstalling some apps might help a little. Uninstall any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary Most such apps are actually counterproductive. They actually waste power and disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Use a minimum of widgets. I don't use any. Could help just a bit,

It might help - or not - to do a factory reset, just to start over fresh. But you may gain little or nothing for the effort.

Beyond this, it gets much more complicated.

Thank you very much for the advices!
Im gonna try them out!Can you plz help me with getting a custom ROM?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On a phone with that little storage, any custom ROM would most likely have to be loaded from an external source, like a computer, using a tool like Odin (since it is a Samsung).

Perhaps the site where you found the ROM would have the instructions you need to load it?

Klovis 27

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
On a phone with that little storage, any custom ROM would most likely have to be loaded from an external source, like a computer, using a tool like Odin (since it is a Samsung).

Perhaps the site where you found the ROM would have the instructions you need to load it?
The instructions are there!The problem is downloading the files

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you loaded the ROM to an SD card? With the low internal you have, its probably the only option, and flash in your custom recovery.

From an AOSP M8
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20