Is there a limit to how many songs can be copied to my Galaxy s5's 64GB MicroSD ?

A

AC Question

I pulled the MicroSD card from the phone after unmounting it, popped it into my main system and marked the entire Music sub-dir for copying / pasting. After about 20 minutes / 1500 files / 5.5GB copying at 3 to 4 MB/s, it starts copying not only the music files but also thumbs, album art, backup mgr list, and in the process drops to under 1 MB/s. Then to top it off, when I reload the memory card in the phone all the slow files are actually missing (empty folder). These songs were almost all ripped from the original CD's. (note: I tried this using the USB cable to the phone first, same results) Did I forget to sacrifice a baby goat or something ? Help !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, I would suggest copying files over in smaller batches. Copying them all en masse might increase the risk for data error, resulting in certain tracks being unplayable.

Second, I wouldn't copy the entire Music folder. I'd copy from the Artist folder level (since you'll want to keep the conventional folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song). If you copy the entire Music folder, you might be getting too much extraneous stuff in non-music folders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21