Samsung Galaxy S3 won't charge?

A

AC Question

So I've had my s3 since september and it was doing just fine until about a month ago. It stopped charging with the original charger that it came with, and it would say that it was fully charged and then drop to 75% in fifteen minutes then when i plug it in again it said it was at 34%. I switched over to my HTC charger, thinking that I'd broken my samsung charger and that was fine for about a week, until my phone started unplugging itself. I would wake up in the middle of the night, having plugged in my phone and made sure that it was actually charging before i went to bed, and it would be at 2% when i would find it. I thought this to be a charger problem so i found my charger from an old samsung flip phone i had. That worked fine for two weeks and now it's doing the same thing again. My phone will only charge if i don't touch it at all while it's plugged in. I'm starting to get really fed up with this and can't afford to buy a new phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Check two things: the USB port, and the battery. The former may be damaged or dirty, the latter may need replacing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC