Is the Samsung Galaxy s3 a good phone for me?

A

AC Question

I drive a lot. I need a phone with reliable GPS, google traffic maps, traffic apps, etc. It is my first smart phone. Are there different types of s3s and is one better than another?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

If you don't get a reply here, I recommend joining as a member so that you can post in the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. Members there will tell you all you need to know about that device. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I drive a lot. I need a phone with reliable GPS, google traffic maps, traffic apps, etc. It is my first smart phone. Are there different types of s3s and is one better than another?
The Galaxy S3 is a good phone that will do just what you are looking for. However, be aware that it's about 3-years old and is outdated and may not support many of the more popular apps and services. Also, the hardware may leave you wanting a little more performance.

If you are getting the device for a really good price, off-contract, then go for it. Otherwise, if you can pay a little more and have time to do so, then you might find a device that is far better and likely for not much more costs than the S3.