How do I stop my screen from going black when I'm on a phone call on my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

When I'm on a phone call my screen will be black then flash on then black again. I have a hard time using my keypad when on a call or even when I try to hang up. The screen won't be on long enough for me to push any button and will keep going black. How do I make the screen stay on?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When I'm on a phone call my screen will be black then flash on then black again. I have a hard time using my keypad when on a call or even when I try to hang up. The screen won't be on long enough for me to push any button and will keep going black. How do I make the screen stay on?

Before you could turn the screen going black on and off in call settings, it seems to be automatic now. I don't know where the proximity sensor off/on button is that mrsmumbles mentioned.

Also, as soon as the call connects, if you tap on "Keypad" it will pop up the numberpad and stop that screen from turning black.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Before you could turn the screen going black on and off in call settings, it seems to be automatic now. I don't know where the proximity sensor off/on button is that mrsmumbles mentioned.

Also, as soon as the call connects, if you tap on "Keypad" it will pop up the numberpad and stop that screen from turning black.

The setting depends on the phone, unfortunately. I have older phones with easy settings to turn off the proximity sensor but my newer phones on lollipop I can't find any such setting. Might just be a feature of older phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC