Microsoft Band and Android - is it a good idea?

A

AC Question

Hi,
I'm looking for a wereable device for my Galaxy S4.

At first I thought about buying a Android Wear device, but there are two slight problems:
- I already have a watch, and analog one, and I'm not so sure I want it to be changed with some gadget.
- I live in Poland, where Google Now and all voice functions don't really work. And switching language to English works only for basic commands. It's impossible to call someone or to navigate, when I need to use polish names.

I'd like to receive notifications on my wrist. I hate, when I'm on some meeting and my phone vibrates. It's like with Schrodinger's Cat - until I take out my phone, this thing that I received is both a funny snapchat from my friend and an tragic alarm message from my family. Mostly it's nothing important... but maybe now it's different?

Another thing is the whole fitness tracking. I started running few months ago, and I'd like to monitor my progress a bit better.

So from my research I got Microsoft Band. For me this thing should work with all my use cases. But I'm not sure, how it behaves with Android devices.

Things I'm looking for: notifications (preferably as many and as detailed as possible), music control (prefreably Spotify), good fitness tracking and maybe some GPS hints from Google Maps.
However the last one isn't the most important. Sometimes I'm searching for a place, while being on foot, and I'm not a big fan of walking arount in the middle of the night with my phone in my hand. But hey, I can live with that ;)

So, my main question is: how Microsoft Band works with Android devices?
Should I buy something else, like Gear Fit?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I don't have a direct answer about the Band. The Samsung wearables may be a good option, since you already have a Samsung phone. I would also suggest a Pebble (either the original, or the upcoming Pebble Time), because it works quite nicely with Android when it comes to notifications and fitness tracking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze