Lollipop - Why Can't I Turn on services in Accessibility?

GTnHelena

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I cannot turn on services under accessibility for any app asking for it. NovaLauncher, Utter, and LastPass are there with the services off. When I try to turn them on I get a panel that says Use (app) and it wants permissions. I try to say OK, but it won't accept that. Lollipop is getting very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution or other ideas? I would revert to KitKat, but am not rooted and don't know how to go back. Lollipop is the ATT version even though I don't use ATT as a provider.

sendit2suz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I was having the same problem! Just forced Lux to close and can turn on serves just fine now. Stinks I cannot use Lux though. I will have to search for a similar app to Lux now...

Thanks cogdiesel for the fix!

scarestar

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
My problem is similar using Lollipop on Note 3, but all apps under Accessibility->Services are off. When I select I am allowed to turn Off to On, but when I use <- the back arrow to return to Accessibility->Services the app is still set to Off and I do not have Lux installed - never have.

Donna2265

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
My problem is similar using Lollipop on Note 3, but all apps under Accessibility->Services are off. When I select I am allowed to turn Off to On, but when I use <- the back arrow to return to Accessibility->Services the app is still set to Off and I do not have Lux installed - never have.

I have the same problem, it's driving me insane, I have been looking for solutions for days, I hope I find a fix soon :/

Donna2265

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Thought I would add a little more info, i'm on a samsung galaxy note 2 rooted, kitkat 4.4.2. only recently rooted though, problem started before root.

I need this to work for my smartwatch program, when I try to use notification app in settings for btnotification I get error message sorry, APK exception, will be exit so i'm not able to set what programs I want sent to my smart watch, I have never had a problem before and have used the app for a long time which makes me think its a app conflict with something I have installed, I have quite a lot installed and would be an absolute headache to uninstall each app to find out, if in fact it is an app causing the issue, I have a few apps in accessibility services and none of them will stay turned on.

Only other option is a factory reset which I really don't want to do :-\

Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading ;)

scarestar

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys! F.Y.I. Still cannot change ANYTHING under "Accessibility". My "Direct access" is "On", it allows me to set it to "Off", but when I return to Accessibility it is back "On" again. My "Single tap mode" is NOT checked, if I "Check" it when I return it is back to not being checked. Same thing on any & all of my services. Too much invested in this AT&T 5.0 instance to be willing to blow it all away and restart.

nuvasuper

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hope I can help someone with this:
I didn't have Lux or any other app I'd consider a "screen filter" installed, so I just went into Apps-> running
and started manually disabling anything that looked like it wouldn't destroy the phone.
After killing a few activities, including "Rescue" "Cloud" "Connect" and others, I was able to turn my accessibility settings on.

Sharlan71

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys! I have been searching for an answer myself for some time, unable to turn on services for nova, du speed engine+ & now greenify - I turned off bluelight filter and BINGO! Services now on and remaining on. :D

teshnair

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem ever since I got my Huawei Mate 8; after a few experiments, the below is what worked for me...

Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Battery Manager --> Protected Apps.
Protect all apps that you need the accessibility for.
Restart phone.

Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Accessibility.
Turn on accessibility for the required apps.

Haven't had a problem since.

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I cannot turn on services under accessibility for any app asking for it. NovaLauncher, Utter, and LastPass are there with the services off. When I try to turn them on I get a panel that says Use (app) and it wants permissions. I try to say OK, but it won't accept that. Lollipop is getting very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution or other ideas? I would revert to KitKat, but am not rooted and don't know how to go back. Lollipop is the ATT version even though I don't use ATT as a provider.

I solved this problem on my rooted Samsung Galaxy note edge SM n915 G phone by activating/defrosting the text to speech engine TTS that I had frozen. Other reasons behind the issue on samsung phones could be Multi window and full screen activation.

Maria Wilkes

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

After you download everything, did u restart ur phone then go in and enable everything? That's what I had to do for it to work

Misdemina

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem of not being able to toggle the accessibility button to "ON" for apps I wanted to give access to, and after reading this thread I turned off my blue light filter (I use "Twilight") as someone had previously mentioned, and I was then able to go back under the accessibility menu and turn on access for my apps. Blue light filters seem to interfere with other apps like Amazon and EBay as well.

MklGrmz

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
That did it, thanks. The odd part is that I've been using Twilight for months & this is the 1st time I've run into this problem. So thankful the community is available for these types of discussions... don't know what I'd have done or where I'd have gone for this answer, elsewise.

Okami1

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Android 5.1
Don't see "Advanced settings" under "Settings",
anyone knows a solution ?
Or is this only on A 6.0 ?
----------------
Another Q:
Has anyone updated Xperia Tablet 2 to Android 6 ?
Sony says it is realeased & available, but when I look for this update I only get "your device has the latest software".
And that is A 5.1.

Any hint ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar