Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 not charging or booting?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, and when I plug it in, I get an empty battery icon with a non-spinning spinner in the middle. When I attempt to enter recovery mode (Power + Volume Up + Home), it gives me the "Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro" screen, and nothing happens afterward. What would cause this problem, and how could I fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say that nothing happens after the welcome screen, does the tablet appear to shut down? Or is it on, but frozen on a black screen?

If it's shutting down, the battery might have failed.

Doitup_420

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok, here I am again equipped with an account!

When I just plug it in, it comes up with the battery non-spinning spinner icon indefinitely.

If I go into recovery mode, it hangs on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro" screen and does nothing afterward, even for waiting upwards of 10 minutes.

The tablet doesn't shut down, it simply stays at this empty battery screen.

Thanks,
Doitup_420

Doitup_420

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

Forgot to mention: if the device is unplugged from the computer, it shuts off.

Also: would this reflashing of the firmware imply that that the device would need to be recognized by the computer? If so, it is not.

Thanks,
Doitup_420

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Tab S was released with a number of faulty batteries which of course Samsung doesn't acknowledge. I changed mine out for $30 and it works perfectly now. I'm sure if you do the same the problem would go away

Moto X 2014

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781