How do you fix the part of the charger that's inside the Samsung Tab 3?

A

AC Question

I know that sounds weird, but I'll try to clarify. I dropped my Samsung Tab 3 a few times on it's charger because when I charge it, I would put it on the side of the couch and my kids would knock it over. So, after about the third time, the "daddy" part got bent and I had to set it in a very specific way to get it to charge. I bought another charger, but for some reason it isn't compatible (when I plugged it in, the battery icon at the top showed up, but had an "x" on it). I tried another charger, and when I plugged it in, I managed to get it to show that it's charging, or at least showed the battery part and that it was almost dead. So now I'm thinking that "mommy" part is broken, too. How can I fix this?

Does that make any sense at all?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

It does. The mommy or female connector, or as I refer to it, the USB port, could well have been damaged. If you're not competent to repair it yourself, it will need the attentions of a phone repairer. I believe that the cost would not be very high.
I take it you've tried different daddies, or USB leads, to rule out that possibility?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon