Why can't I set up my email?

A

AC Question

I already had my email set up on my Note 3. However it stopped working it started to say that I needed to update my password and when I did it said server authentication failed. I deleted my email to see if I put it in again it would work and nope I was wrong. Now its just not letting me even set it up it automatically tells me authentication failed.... I'm so annoyed by this already someone please help...

bethany4444

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
My "yahoo" & "outlook" email accounts were initially added to my Note 5 phone about a year ago with no problems. Then a couple weeks ago a message appeared saying something about my yahoo account not being secure... I didn't really pay attention and just hit the "more safe" option. So today is Nov. 4 and my yahoo account said it's last day synced was Oct. 28 and the outlook account says Oct. 31... it's a little odd that both stopped syncing on different days. So I've spent the last two hours focusing on the yahoo one... trying to delete the yahoo account and reinstall, turning my phone off and on again, fiddling with the IMAP/POP3 manual settings. Nothing worked until I found what this user tried...

1- sign in to your yahoo mail (from another computer), go up to right where your name is show click account info
2- click account security, & turn off Allow apps that use less secure sign in

Then I went back to my phone to the email settings and added my yahoo account easily!! BUT my outlook email account still won't sync. I'm about to delete and try re-installing, but I wonder why this happened in the first place.

I have a feeling it has something to do with Android and the Note 5?? I never had issues like this with my iphone!!

lechado12819782017

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
So here's what happened. I deleted my email (hotmail) account from the default email app on samsung galaxy note 3 from Verizon unlocked. Tried to sign in again and again and it didn't work. So I went back to the gmail default app and in the drop down button selected add acount, that's it. Email app doesn't work but I can now check my emails from both accounts.

Sabroso Lopez

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
For those still struggling:
for Yahoo: follow what Bethany444 above said. go into your yahoo settings (logged into a PC, not a mobile) then scroll down to turn "on" the option to allow less secure apps to sign in.

for Hotmail: by default the exchange server setting is set to "m.hotmail.com" change it to "m.outlook.com" and it should work. at least it did for me. follow cykodelik's advice above for that one.

Best of luck!

Jimmell Gorley

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
hello , Just looking for an answer having the same problem like you I got crazy and stressed but after so many answers with no result I finally resolve the problem to the headache problem, and I know so may like you and me are having hard time to sign into yahoo mail just follow the steps and let me know if its work for you too.

1- sign in to your yahoo mail, go up to right where your name is show click account info
2- click account security, & turn off Allow apps that use less secure sign in
3- Click manage Apps Passwords
4- select your App, click generate
5- go to your device to add the mail as you used to do it but instead of writing your email password just write the one that is been generate on the computer and write it as is don't care about if it's said that about spaces just continue and click next and follow the steps for sync.
the rest is story :p:p:p:p:p:p

I have been at this all day, absolutely furious and then came you. Thank u so much. Finally something that allowed me to restore my yahoo mail. Ugh, again, THANK U SO MUCH!!!

drzeus_gr

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
So i finally have a day off ... yay! It sucks so far because after deciding to try to set my yahoo mail up on my note 3 neo and failing, several times. I now cant access the internet, which means i have to be stuck at home all day. Wifi is on and connected. I can even open the login page for the router. And the dsl connecton is clearly fine because i am posting this to you folks there quite happily.
I tried battery in, battery out. Checked time and date are correct. It must be some stupid samsung email setup account thing i guess.
Please help

drzeus_gr

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Well weird. I gave up, put phone on to charge and went to surf for pc specs after posting the above. I've just come back, turned wifi on and .... got a whatsapp message. Most strange. Anyway, all good, even if I haven't a clue why!

Fitness13

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy S6. I had my icloud email set up and working fine for over a year, and now it is saying authentication failed. I've changed my pw and it will not work on my Galaxy or my Microsoft Exchange program, but it will work if I log in to icloud.com and log in. I've tried to set it up manually and auto, and neither will work. Please help!

Linda Shea2

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
I was having trouble with Hotmail not syncing on my Galaxy S7's email program. It had been working fine until the latest software update. It took two day to solve the problem.

To fix the problem I changed the Exchange server setting
to: eas.outlook.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
and it worked right away. Not sure why or how it got changed to begin with but it's working now.
Hope this helps someone.

Mcshammas

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
For Yahoo email on stock Android email app, Yahoo feels the stock app is not secure and they require you to generate a special app password. First log in to your Yahoo account from an internet browser, go into Account Security, then Manage App Passwords, select Android Mail (or whatever phone you use), Generate Password. Then use this password to set up the Yahoo in the phone app.

Or download the Yahoo Mail app and use that.

Michael Hunt7

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks Crashdamage for the tip to try Aquamail.I have a new Honor 7X which refused to find the hotmail.co.uk server hence would deliver no mail. Aquamail found it Immediately! This is a great app. And a great device but something needs to be done by Huawei to fix this problem.

WSTR

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
I have an LG 20k Plus and I cannot set up my Aim email address. I checked for a system update and did the following listed suggestions youd already given someone else but it's not working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae