Gmail in Play Store not showing update

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
There have been 2 updates in the past week or so, yet the version number is still the 5.1 that ends in 5967. It says to update, obviously, but no new version. My father's phone has a newer version, but mine and my mother's are still stuck on this version. I've tried to clear cache/data for Play Services and Play Store which didn't resolve this. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Anytime Google pushes updates to it's apps Android Police will generally have the apk file within hours for you to download....so if that kinda thing is important, they're another good site to follow. I have IFTTT set up to send me a link every time they post a new one.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's a website/App that does simple automations (it stands for If This Then That)....like if I take photo, automatically send it to my Dropbox; if it's supposed to rain tomorrow, send me a notification to bring an umbrella; etc.

ifttt.com

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also sometimes you can go to the web version of the play store and it will say "installed" on the button. If you click "installed" many times it will go ahead and push the update. You might have to click the button more than once. I have had to do that with Facebook before. IIRC, it will tell you either you have the newest or it will download the update to you phone. That will show up sometimes with one click, if not click a few more times until that shows up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The only bad thing with that is it might not be the latest. I was experiencing issues so I had to backtrack and redo my settings.

It will push the latest update they have loaded.

When I was Facebook Beta testing, FB would have loaded an update and it wouldn't show as an update for us in the app. If we went to the browser and did the above steps, it would push the most recent update they had to us. It was an ongoing problem with Facebook and a couple of other developers where the update didn't show until much later. We just always knew the minute FB put up a new update, because they told the beta testers. Some of the developers told us that was an ongoing issue with the Play Store, not showing the update to all users at the same time it was available.

Going to the web version and doing the above, was the work around that Google gave to Facebook to tell us. It almost always worked. The one time it didn't work for me, I went and tried a few minutes later and it worked then.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am. It shows that I have messages in my spam folder, but when I go into the folder, there's nothing there. I can search for label:spam to delete then or use my laptop. It's been doing this for the past several releases (5.0 I believe). Gmail is synced so it's not that.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am. It shows that I have messages in my spam folder, but when I go into the folder, there's nothing there. I can search for label:spam to delete then or use my laptop. It's been doing this for the past several releases (5.0 I believe). Gmail is synced so it's not that.

Hmm.. That's odd. I can access the spam messages on my Gmail app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance