I have the Samsung Galaxy s5 and I want to know how to disable always having to swipe to unlock

A

AC Question

I want to not have to always swipe to unlock even when I have finger swipe set or pattern or whichever it always has me swipe to unlock I never get to use the other unlock methods unless my phone has restarted or just turned on, I want to use the finger swipe always when unlocking the phone, help?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I want to not have to always swipe to unlock even when I have finger swipe set or pattern or whichever it always has me swipe to unlock I never get to use the other unlock methods unless my phone has restarted or just turned on, I want to use the finger swipe always when unlocking the phone, help?

Welcome to the forums!

Simply go to settings, lock screen, then screen lock. Choose "swipe" and if you have a PIN or pattern, you will be asked to enter that to turn it off.

Now you say you never use the other method except when the phone is turned on. You can have a secure lock and set a time for it to secure lock back again. I have mine for 10 minutes. I unlock and if I put it down for 10 mins, it will secure lock again. You can choose other time lengths also.

Also you might want to check in security, I think the S5 died this too, but I'm not positive, if there is a "trust agents" listed near the bottom, you can use smart lock. I have ever that set so when I am at certain places, like home, once I unlock my phone it won't lock again. That way I don't have to unlock all the time at home, but my phone is securely locked when I'm away from home.

Attachments

• 1432185113154.jpg
    1432185113154.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20