How to access an android phones' internal SD card without a data connection.

DachsieMom

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know if it is possible to access the internal memory on an android phone without a data connection.

I have an old(er) Pantech Pocket which I replaced with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 last year. After taking out the external SD card to put in the new phone, I cleared all old apps out of the Pantech (my big mistake) by doing a factory reset on it. It is NOT rooted.

Unfortunately, I now cannot access the internal sdcard of the Pantech with my computer, the way I can with the Note. When I turn on the phone, I can view all the pre-installed apps, but not The SD card.

I've put a 2G extSDcard into it with a couple of apps on it that I'd like to install on the phone. One of them is a file manager, because I have inadvertently uninstalled all file managers on the phone (my bad.) The computer picks up the external card just fine, but not the internal card.

I've tried to transfer the apk file to the Pantech for installation, by using bluetooth, but the phone says "not a supported file format."

So now, what do I do? How can I get a file manager installed onto the dadgum Pantech without a data connection?

HELP!

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone has wi-fi, right? And do you have a wi-fi network at home? Turn on the Pantech's wi-fi and connect to your home wi-fi network. Then go to Google Play Store on the phone and install the app from the web. Or go to Google Play Store on your computer browser, select the app, click Install, then select the Pantech from the available devices.

In terms of having the computer see the Pantech's internal storage, swipe down the notification panel when connected via USB and tap the USB connection notification. Make sure it's set to MTP. If you don't see a USB connection notification, then try a different cable, since cables can fail.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the Pantech had an internal SD card? That's a fairly new innovation in Android. In older phones, "sdcard" was the external card.

And even if it did have an internal SD card, wiping the phone (factory reset) wipes the internal SD card too.