Individual text notifications not working - only default ones on Galaxy s6?

A

AC Question

I always give my closest friends individual ringtones to separate them from all the other texts that I get. So I went to their contact info, added notification field and then changed their notification tone. But for some reason when they text me, they still come up as the default notification as like every other text does. Am I missing something? Why can't I customize the text notifications by adding a different text notification to each of my contacts that I want a different notification tone for?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I always give my closest friends individual ringtones to separate them from all the other texts that I get. So I went to their contact info, added notification field and then changed their notification tone. But for some reason when they text me, they still come up as the default notification as like every other text does. Am I missing something? Why can't I customize the text notifications by adding a different text notification to each of my contacts that I want a different notification tone for?

Welcome to the forums!

This might help. I have always done this since I got my first Galaxy phone, the Galaxy S.

In the main sound, where you set ringtone and notification, I set that notification to silent. I then set notifications for each app and then custom tones for specific contacts in the contact app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn