I have reset the factory settings of my Samsung Core 2 , due to which I have lost all my contacts. Can any one tell me how to import Gmail contacts to device. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Luqman
    05-23-2015 01:49 AM
    Are the contacts in your Gmail contacts when you look online in Gmail webmail?

If you saved the contacts to your Google (Gmail) account, when you add your Google account to the phone, the contacts should resync to the phone. If not, go to: Settings > Accounts > Google > Select account > Check sync contacts

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Laura Knotek and Aquila like this.
    05-23-2015 02:33 AM
    Are the contacts in your Gmail contacts when you look online in Gmail webmail?

If you saved the contacts to your Google (Gmail) account, when you add your Google account to the phone, the contacts should resync to the phone. If not, go to: Settings > Accounts > Google > Select account > Check sync contacts

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    If this "just" and "simply" worked I wouldn't be here. I've deleted and imported and exported (I love the notice on the phone, "there are too many to delete? Do you want to delete or do nothing? DELETE THEM.... but eventually they were gone. However, the "SYNC" doesn't sync, and if I do an import, I don't have any favorites. And the info is not up to date.

Other than that, this works.
    08-31-2017 01:26 PM
    Do you have the exact same situation as the OP, or do you have a different device and different circumstance? Can you give more details? What Crashdamage (may he rest in peace) said is accurate, as long as your contacts are in your Google Contacts in the cloud. If they were backed up somewhere else (like on your hard drive, or in a Samsung account or some other non-Google account), it can be trickier.
    Laura Knotek and Aquila like this.
    09-01-2017 01:13 AM