New VZ Lollipop 5.0 Update is driving me crazy!!!

W

WontonJon

A few days ago, VZ sent me this Update to the new Lollipop 5.0 that's "supposed" to be better. I've noticed that my Google Maps doesn't correctly know my location. Also, my music that I have stored on my phone doesn't play all the way through. It sometimes cuts short. It takes way too long sometimes to play a song, and it shows incorrect "time elapsed" on the widget. For the Google Chrome, it took away the tabs where you can "x" out which tabs you want. It drains my battery quicker, and phone calls are delayed by 5-10 seconds before ringing. And there's this "N" looking thing in my notifications bar that I have no clue what it is and how to get rid of it.

I didn't want the update, but they forced it upon me. I hate this Update and just want things to go back to normal when things worked correctly. Is there a way I can go back to the original version without wiping my phone back to factory reset? I have a HTC One M7 version.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

First, try a Cache Partition wipe, which is good practice after a system update and which causes no loss of personal data.

The N-like icon in the status bar may indicate that NFC is on. Check that in your settings, and while you're about it, go through all your settings to make sure that they are still as you want them to be.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781