Screen isn't working after water damage?

A

AC Question

I dropped my phone in the toilet a couple days ago, I turned it on as fast as I could and stuck it rice. When I turned it off the screen was flickering a little bit. I tried turning it on a few hours later and everything worked except the screen. I couldn't get it to turn back off since I couldn't see the screen, so I had to leave it on until it died. I could hear it buzz or ring every once in a while, then it made a weird beeping noise I'd never heard it make before. I ended up taking off the back so it could dry out easier. Today I tried plugging it in, the light flashed green when I tried turning it on and then nothing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I hate to tell you but turning it on right after you took it out of the toilet did some damage. Electricity and water do not mix. I would leave it in the dry rice for a while longer and if you have any of those silica bead packets that come in shoes, clothes etc thy that.

If you have insurance you can try that route, but otherwise you may have to go third party on the repair.