Samsung kies won't transfer my music?

A

AC Question

I've recently updated my samsung galaxy s4 to the lollipop version and now samsung kies wont let me transfer my music. I tried restarting my laptop and reinstalling samsung kies, and i also tried using a different usb cable but nothing works. i have 11gb free and this happens with specific songs like some song do transfer while others just won't. What can i do?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I think there have been compatibility issues with Samsung Kies and devices on Android 5.0+. Samsung is pushing people to use the updated Smart Switch program instead of Kies. As well as originally being a old to new device transfer tool, it now does backups, provides drivers and supplies system updates like Kies. It also syncs with Outlook (some versions at least), but it doesn't do media transfers like Kies afaik.
I don't know why you could transfer some music but not others. You can drag music files via usb, I use Windows Media Player, to the device if the file types are compatible, WAV and WMA are. They would be found and organised by the S4 media finder / Music Player if I remember. An app like Album Art Grabber can help with covers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy