lost and found.

A

AC Question

How do you re reset a galaxy Samsung 6S if you want it as your phone

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Imagine that it's your Samsung Galaxy S6, with your life details and data on it, and I find it. What would you hope and pray that I would do with it?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The owner can activate a Lock and send a (please return it) message to the screen, and a contact number on a dial button you can call - so please leave it on, and charged if you can. They will be very grateful to you I'm sure.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They can also notify their carrier (if they haven't already) and the phone becomes useless. Even if you unlock it, it not only won't connect to the tower (of any carrier), it'll notify their security department where it is - and you'll be charged with possession of stolen property at the very least.

Bring it to a company store (not an independent) of whatever carrier it's on, tell them you found the phone, it's locked so you can't contact the owner (the contact information really should be on the lock screen - mine says "If found, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx"), and they'll look it up and let the owner know that some nice person returned your phone. The owner may even want to pay you something as a reward. And you'll be an honest person - something no one can take from you.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I also put my first name and an 'if found' message with my other number on the lock screen.
People who find phones generally enjoy helping return something people depend on. It seems to bring out the instinctively better side of human nature.

I arranged to detour to a pub/bar to return a phone I found on grass outside tennis courts and the owner had a bottle of champagne ready to pass to me when I pulled up to the kerb. I still have it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Was this a phone handed in to a Lost And Found or Lost Property department? If so, and you've acquired it lawfully - and I don't know whether smartphones would be disposed of in that way, like lost umbrellas and so on - it would still be best to hand it in to a phone store, with your personal details, for reasons mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech