Found KLMS Agent and ELM Agent on my phone. What is it?

A

AC Question

Found KLMS Agent and ELM Agent on my phone. What is it? Please don't use tech talk.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
KLMS is part of Knox, Samsung's sop to corporate America ("now it's safe to allow your employees to use their personal phones on your corporate network" - it's not, but most network admins and CEOs don't know enough to understand what Knox is and how it works [or actually doesn't work] to understand that it's like putting a small Band-Aid on a severed leg - it looks pretty but it's not a solution to the problem).

ELM is Enterprise Level Management - more of the same wool they're pulling over everyone's eyes (and it's 90% cotton it's so phony) - part of the Knox system.

All the ELM, Knox and KLMS apps can be frozen if your company doesn't require you to use them (which means most companies - since they don't have any idea what Knox is, wouldn't pay to use it if they did [and they have to pay monthly] and only Samsung phones are capable of it).

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
...All the ELM, Knox and KLMS apps can be frozen if your company doesn't require you to use them (which means most companies - since they don't have any idea what Knox is, wouldn't pay to use it if they did [and they have to pay monthly] and only Samsung phones are capable of it).

How does one freeze these apps without rooting?

Posted via the Android Central App

Uii

May 12, 2016
Visit site
How does one freeze these apps without rooting?

Posted via the Android Central App

There is an app on the play store "EZ Package Disabler" you have to pay $3.99. from there you can disable any app in I'm using it to "uninstall malware" in "viruses". In the best part is that you can use it "without root permission"

Last edited by a moderator:

Linked Devices

May 21, 2016
Visit site
KLMS is part of Knox, Samsung's sop to corporate America ("now it's safe to allow your employees to use their personal phones on your corporate network" - it's not, but most network admins and CEOs don't know enough to understand what Knox is and how it works [or actually doesn't work] to understand that it's like putting a small Band-Aid on a severed leg - it looks pretty but it's not a solution to the problem).

ELM is Enterprise Level Management - more of the same wool they're pulling over everyone's eyes (and it's 90% cotton it's so phony) - part of the Knox system.

All the ELM, Knox and KLMS apps can be frozen if your company doesn't require you to use them (which means most companies - since they don't have any idea what Knox is, wouldn't pay to use it if they did [and they have to pay monthly] and only Samsung phones are capable of it).

In what ways does Knox not work?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This is my personal phone. I m currently not working therefore I dnt own a company phone. Why is elm agent klms agent on my device. Can someone help me understand in non technology answers plz
It's on the phone because it's on Samsung phones by default. If you don't want it, you just don't use it. (It doesn't do much unless you use it.)

In what ways does Knox not work?
It's supposed to provide a secondary user - you - on a corporate account. It doesn't. It fakes it, but badly, and causes all sorts of problems for those who don't have a corporate account (like Kristee, on post #5, or people wanting to root, etc.), but as a "you can run anything you like on your personal account and it won't affect anything in the corporate account" system, it's not very good. (If you root, you can copy proprietary data from the corporate account with no problem - the very thing Knox is supposed to prevent.)

[Just thought I'd throw in a full explanation for anyone using this thread as a resource.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton