Is there an app to remotely keep your phone from being turned off?

Will Njundong

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Just in case someone steals your phone. Since the usual procedure is to steal the phone and then turn it off so it cannot be called or tracked. My phone does not have a removable back cover (they wont be able to remove the battery), so next time someone steals my phone, I have time to track it before the battery dies completely.

by the way, i know this is a bit of a stretch, but if you're an android developer and can write a quick app that can do this over text message or internet, I would be indebted. :p:p

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just in case someone steals your phone. Since the usual procedure is to steal the phone and then turn it off so it cannot be called or tracked. My phone does not have a removable back cover (they wont be able to remove the battery)
Unless they're smart enough to figure out what kind of screwdriver to use to remove the battery - it's under the back cover.

, so next time someone steals my phone, I have time to track it before the battery dies completely.

by the way, i know this is a bit of a stretch, but if you're an android developer and can write a quick app that can do this over text message or internet, I would be indebted. :p:p
I would be too - I'd ask for a ticket to Norway when they award him the Nobel Prize in physics for having done it.

Seriously, no, you can't write an app that can remotely prevent the phone from being turned off. About the best you can do is have a contact number on your lock screen and make sure that he phone is locked so tight when you're not home that the thief will give up and toss it, and some honest citizen will call you when s/he finds it. (An app like Tasker can lock all sorts of things without most people realizing what's happened, and it doesn't take more than a couple of seconds. You know how to unlock it easily - someone else trying to unlock it just locks it further. (It's something like a button on a door that says "Press here to open" - but it's really the button that locks the door. Press it again and it throws another bolt shut.)