Wifes S6 can quick reply but my Note4 cant, why?

A

AC Question

Wife and I recently cut our bill in half with spring and got a note 4 and s6.

Her s6 can reply to txts without leaving the app shes in (such as a game or facebook)

My note 4, I have to physically stop whatever im doing, and go to the messenger app, and then reply, then quit that app and go back to whatever I was doing.

ive looked everywhere for a setting or even googled and cant find anything other than 3rd party apps which I don't want to use.

Is this because she has 5.1 and my note has 5.0? if so this should be fixed soon with the 5.1 update right?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wife and I recently cut our bill in half with spring and got a note 4 and s6.

Her s6 can reply to txts without leaving the app shes in (such as a game or facebook)

My note 4, I have to physically stop whatever im doing, and go to the messenger app, and then reply, then quit that app and go back to whatever I was doing.

ive looked everywhere for a setting or even googled and cant find anything other than 3rd party apps which I don't want to use.

Is this because she has 5.1 and my note has 5.0? if so this should be fixed soon with the 5.1 update right?

Welcome to the forums!

Your phone will do that also. I don't remember the exact name of the setting, but go into the messenger app, then to settings and there is an option to display as a pop up.

I believe it is under "Notifications". I'm not using that as my messaging app right now, so it will not let me get into all the settings.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The "Preview message" setting?
Nope, not the preview. This "pop-up" I have checked. It is a heads up notification. It is under notifications in the messaging app settings.

d986dd3266421263b45c57479ca6c105.jpg