I rooted my phone and still cannot move my apps!I used lots of apps and one said that my sd card doesn't support moving apps.Could it be the reason?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-26-2015 12:46 PM
    What are you using to move the apps? App Mgr III? Link2SD?
    05-26-2015 03:29 PM
    Tried both and none worked!Is it possible on rooted android 4.0.4?

05-26-2015 03:43 PM
    Tried both and none worked!Is it possible on rooted android 4.0.4?

Did you install Super User and grant the app to move them, super user permission?
    05-26-2015 03:55 PM
    This also could turn into duplicate threads. This convo started on this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=528950
    05-26-2015 03:56 PM
    Did you install Super User and grant the app to move them, super user permission?
    Yes

05-26-2015 04:01 PM
    The only "Specific" would be "a working card".

But ...

Many apps won't run, or won't run properly, from the SD card, so the developer urns off the "Move to SD card" button for them. Some developers don't know to do this, but the app will still refuse to be moved. And some will move, but they won't run or won't run properly.

(Also, Android looks for apps in internal storage, so anything moved to the SD card has to have a link in internal storage, pointing to where on the SD card it was moved to. Android apps are written in pieces. Every piece has to be moved separately, and a link has to be left for each piece. If the app is written in many small pieces, the link may be ;larger than the piece moved, so moving the app takes more internal storage than leaving in internal storage. [We see posts to the effect of "I moved the app to the SD card and now I have less space than I had before." That's why.])

Other than that, there are two reasons I can think of for an app not moving - there's not enough free space on the SD card for the piece of app being moved, or there's not enough free internal space to write the link (which is done before the app is moved, to avoid losing the app because it was moved and the link never got written).

Maybe someone else can think of other reasons. I haven't read all of Android's source code, so there may be little things in there I don't know about. Some people consider a million lines of code "light reading". I don't any more.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-28-2015 12:13 AM
    The only "Specific" would be "a working card".

But ...

Many apps won't run, or won't run properly, from the SD card, so the developer urns off the "Move to SD card" button for them. Some developers don't know to do this, but the app will still refuse to be moved. And some will move, but they won't run or won't run properly.

(Also, Android looks for apps in internal storage, so anything moved to the SD card has to have a link in internal storage, pointing to where on the SD card it was moved to. Android apps are written in pieces. Every piece has to be moved separately, and a link has to be left for each piece. If the app is written in many small pieces, the link may be ;larger than the piece moved, so moving the app takes more internal storage than leaving in internal storage. [We see posts to the effect of "I moved the app to the SD card and now I have less space than I had before." That's why.])

Other than that, there are two reasons I can think of for an app not moving - there's not enough free space on the SD card for the piece of app being moved, or there's not enough free internal space to write the link (which is done before the app is moved, to avoid losing the app because it was moved and the link never got written).

Maybe someone else can think of other reasons. I haven't read all of Android's source code, so there may be little things in there I don't know about. Some people consider a million lines of code "light reading". I don't any more.
    I have enough space for moving them!
    Maybe it's my device cause it's not a specific app!

05-28-2015 11:07 AM