Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Not Power On or Charge

A

AC Question

Hello!

I need some help. While changing batteries, I pulled out the battery with 1% left and replaced it with the battery that was charged on a separate docking charger. From that point on, the phone will not turn on or recognize the charger (no LED light flashing). I tried using different chargers and even a different battery from another S4 but nothing worked. I also cleaned all contacts.

I tried booting in safe mode and nothing. I recently plugged into my computer and got a message saying qhsusb_dload message. After researching that, it looks like that message happens when the phone has been "bricked" after a failed "root". However, my phone is stock and was never rooted. The only software change was the phone updated to Android Lollipop a few days prior to this mess. Please help!

Thank you,
Rob

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The first hour that a dead battery is connected to a charger it won't be charging, it'll be in what's called the ramp-up phase and, depending on the phone, the charging light may not come on until it actually starts to charge. Leave the charger plugged in for 24 hours and see what happens.

Also, never drop a lithium battery that low. You won't get more than 6 months out of it if you keep doing that. 50% is the ideal charging point, 40% won't shorten the life much, 20% will shorten it to around 25% of what you could have gotten.