LG G2 6 hours charging with 2 amp charger? Weird...

A

AC Question

Does anyone knows the solution? I mean, today I drained phone out to 2%, I plugged it in wall charger that says 5V 2 amp output. It was about 4PM. When I cheched at 9PM it said 85% and needs about and hour to fully be charged. Seriously, 1% per 5min? It rans Lollipop 5.0.2. From basic calculation, battery capacity is 3Ah (or 3000mAh), so with 2 amp charger 3 / 2 = 1,5h. So when why it is charging so damn long? Couple of days it was factory reseted and all apps was deleted, I only installed a couple. By the way, is it normal that using only wifi and browsing and all background proccesses seems to be closed, battery only last 5-6 hours? I mean with my older S2, which had 1500mAh battery I managed to browse 4 hours till it went flat.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

If you routinely run the battery flat, or nearly so, before recharging, its life will be shortened. It's best to recharge with about 50% charge remaining.

It could be that your slow charging is due to a damaged or dirty USB port, or a damaged USB lead, among other possibilities.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone knows the solution? I mean, today I drained phone out to 2%, I plugged it in wall charger that says 5V 2 amp output. It was about 4PM. When I cheched at 9PM it said 85% and needs about and hour to fully be charged. Seriously, 1% per 5min?
If you regularly run the battery down that far, seriously. The battery is at the end of its life. (You can do that in a few months - lithium batteries can't be deep-discharged. Lead-acid batteries can, but no one wants a 10 pound battery in a phone.)

It rans Lollipop 5.0.2. From basic calculation, battery capacity is 3Ah (or 3000mAh), so with 2 amp charger 3 / 2 = 1,5h.
You're forgetting something. Most phones don't charge at 1C (the capacity of the battery) - that's what Qualcom's "quick charge" does. Most phones charge at about 0.3C, so about 1 Amp for that phone, regardless of the size of the charger (it's determined by the circuitry in the phone) - so about 3.5 hours (no energy conversion process is 100% efficient, and electrical to chemical is one of the worst) when the battery is in good condition. (I regularly charge my phones from a 30 Amp, 5 Volt supply, because that's the one on my desk. They don't charge at 30 Amps.)

Replace the battery and recharge at the 40% point unless you're calling the police, fire department or an ambulance. (Especially in a phone with a non-removable battery.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781