Why won't my tab pro recognize/connect to any wi-fi?

A

AC Question

Last night I downloaded an update to my Galaxy Tab Pro SM-T520. I don't know what update it was, just the one that showed up in my notifications. Now my tablet will not recognize or connect to ANY wireless connections. It just continually scans and scans, finding nothing. All other devices in the house are experiencing zero connection issues. Help!

Barry Fawthrop

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue
Rebooted the AP
other devices sitting alongside the SM-T520 are connected fine to the AP
I have rebooted the tablet and still just scanning.... for ever and not connecting

Any help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, for both of you--have you tried going through all of the suggestions in the guide I linked? Just want to make sure we've covered those bases.

liamgcarter

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hiya All.

I have exactly the same problem. I have followed all procedures in the guide.

I downloaded an update and installed, since then i am unable to connect or find any wireless networks. Sometimes even the Wifi will just turn itself off.

I am going to try a factory reset.

Regards

Liam

mahrud

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Had exactly the same problem when I accepted an Android update on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro SM T520. It killed off the wi fi. My home hub and all the usual hubs I connect to (and my neighbours hubs) were all listed but with no signal symbols. Like you it just kept scanning with no results. All my other devices (iPhone and Smart TV) were all still connected to my home hub OK, so I know it was working. I followed the link in this forum about wi fi problems but this was completely useless and misses the point. I'm not detecting any wifi routers/hubs so what is the point of turning your own home router off, especially if you know it is working. If this was the solution, am I ask my employer and all the hotels I stay at to reboot their routers just for me. Way off the mark.
I factory reset my Samsung Tab Pro and during set up it found all the usual routers again OK and I established a connection with my home router BUT during the set to re-connected to my Google account (as required during the Samsung set up process) and on the tablet finally re-booting, all wifi routers were listed again but no signal symbols and tablet just scanning again. i.e back to square one. Having lost my data and settings from the tab pro anyway (hopefully there on my cloud back up) - what the hell, I did another full factory reset. This time I did not reconnect my Google account and Apps, just skipped through everything. That worked and I now have wifi again. Could be a Google/Android bug and I'll see when I get to re-connect and re-enable my Google account. Not good considering the money we pay for this rubbish.:mad:

bluelivinlife

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for your post, you saved the day. I appreciate you so much.
This morning my son told me he had no wifi on his tablet after updating and so a day of restore games started. Now thanks to your wisdom of not logging the google account after restore we're back on line and yep we even have the gmail accounts back on and surfing away :)

Pako2891

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Turn OFF "Passpoint".

Not sure why but it got enabled with the update as well. Just had to go through the settings for about 10 minutes then realized I never enabled it.

ascgirl73

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you sweet baby Jesus for giving Pako2891 the knowledge for trouble-shooting this connection issue. This fixed my connecting-issue as well. I was about to go insane not being able to figure this out. Thanks and God Bless!

speedyveg

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have the same problem with my Samsung SM-T520. Yesterday it just stopped detecting all networks, Bluetooth works but no WiFi. This has just happened randomly, I've tried all the tricks I've read on the various forums so far including resetting the tablet.

Is rooting the tablet the only solution? It's running Android 4.4.2. don't know when it updated...

Any input would be very very appreciated, I currently have a nice paperweight.

AndreFadel

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a tougher issue. My Samsung Galaxy T-520 detects all Wi-Fi networks, but it doesn't connect to any. The status shows "saved, protected", but it fails to connect. I tried everything, switching on/off passpoints, bluetooth and whatever, even factory resets (twice). I also tried to start the device without the Google account, skipping everything. I also tried a cell phone access point, it's all useless. All my other devices work, so it's not the router. Maybe it's a hardware problem. It suddenly stopped working. :( Thanks for your replies, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos