galaxy s6 not getting push notifications from fb

rbk4fun

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded from S3 and now no fb notifications. I've checked all of my fb settings and everything looks fine but. ...no push notifications coming through. Also not getting as many notifications under the globe icon and NO birthday notifications. Ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded from S3 and now no fb notifications. I've checked all of my fb settings and everything looks fine but. ...no push notifications coming through. Also not getting as many notifications under the globe icon and NO birthday notifications. Ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Can you post screenshots of your app settings for Facebook?

rbk4fun

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Found the culprit. In the phone's App settings, 2 app settings (fb and GMail) and somehow been 'blocked' - no idea what I did to make this happen (or if it was one of those mysteries of the universe....) but the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks! My one remaining problem is that music pauses randomly....it happens with streaming as well as music that I've downloaded on my phone so it's not the internet connection. It also happens if I'm using the speaker on the phone or a blue tooth device. It happens after 5 minutes or 20 - completely random. Just pauses and then I have to go in and hit play. Nothing is touching the phone - it's sitting on my desk. ???