I just bought a new Galaxy s5 around 3 hours ago, yet my service still isn't working?

A

AC Question

I bought a new galaxy s5 today no contract and just switched over the sim card from my s3 to the s5. The man at the T-mobile store said it should take about two hours, but it's been about three now and I still have no signal. It's a metro pcs sim card, but it worked fine on my old phone which was a t-mobile phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought a new galaxy s5 today no contract and just switched over the sim card from my s3 to the s5. The man at the T-mobile store said it should take about two hours, but it's been about three now and I still have no signal. It's a metro pcs sim card, but it worked fine on my old phone which was a t-mobile phone.

Welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming your phone is a T-mobile phone or an unlocked phone? Have you talked to T-mobile about it not being active yet?

Autumn Rose1

May 29, 2015
Visit site
-original asker here-
no not yet. they told me it might take a few hours, but they said 2 at the most, but it's been 6 now. I got it at the t-mobile store and they said it was ready to go. I'll probably stop in tomorrow before work really fast if I can. It'd just be nice to have it working now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
-original asker here-
no not yet. they told me it might take a few hours, but they said 2 at the most, but it's been 6 now. I got it at the t-mobile store and they said it was ready to go. I'll probably stop in tomorrow before work really fast if I can. It'd just be nice to have it working now.

Oh you bought the phone at T-mobile? You are also on T-mobile service?