What is up with my Galaxy S5 battery life?

A

AC Question

I have been using lollipop 5.0 on my Samsung Galaxy s5 for a while and it is good except for the battery drain. Before I updated, my battery would last two or three days on one charge. After I updated my Galaxy, the battery life dropped dramtically. Since then, I have had to charge my Galaxy at least once a day instead of every other day before the update. Also, during the time it took for me to type this question (about 5 minutes), my battery dropped more than 5%. I was wondering if there is a way to fix the battery to be the way it was before the update or if I will have to keep charging it every day until there is a fix.
Thanks in advance.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What do your battery usage stats, in Settings > Battery, show to be the main users of charge...apart from Screen, which nearly always tops the list?

A Power Off and Restart may be worth trying. A Cache Partition wipe would also be a good idea.
If those don't fix it, it would help if you were to register as a member, so that we can get an exchange going right here. You are very welcome to join. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae