Encrypting your Note 4 - how long did it take?

A

AC Question

Hi guys,

this morning I started to encrypt my Note 4 32GB. I'm getting quie nervous now, since I started encrypting around 6h ago, and still the only thing I see is a black display with the Samsung logo on it, as well as the status LED shining blue. From what I've read, the process usually only took an hour or so. The phone wasn't even that full, a little over 1500 songs, a few pictures and apps and that's it. Did it take this long for anyone else? If this doesn't change, what should I do? Unfortunatly I didn't take a backup before encrypting it, because I was sure nothing could go wrong. Oh and the phone is rooted, can't imagine that that could have a bad influence but if it does please tell me.

Thanks alot and I hope to hear from you soon!

David Walton2

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me too. It's been "encrypting" for about 18 hours. The SD card, which was 32GB & about a third full, took about 3 hours to finish. The phone memory is also 32GB and is fairly full (30GB-ish) but I'm getting pretty worried I'm going to lose everything. Did your situation resolve it's self?

David Walton2

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me too now. It's been "encrypting" for about 18 hours. The SD card, which was 32GB & about a third full, took about 3 hours to finish. The phone memory is also 32GB and is fairly full (30GB-ish) but I'm getting pretty worried I'm going to lose everything. Did your situation resolve it's self?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress