Where did Chrome go?

A

AC Question

I uninstalled Chrome from my Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge and reinstalled via the Play Store on the count of it crashing a lot. I thought that may solve the issue. But now, even though it says it's downloaded and installed...I can't find it anywhere in the drawer.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In some devices there's a folder for Google apps. Do you have something like that in your app drawer?

If you don't manage to find it there's a trick to use Chrome. Go to Play store and open it from there. Open your favorite page or Google search and tap on the three dots top right. Select "add to homescreen" and a shortcut for that page will be created.

Last edited:

T M2

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I drug it out the Google folder and added to a folder I made named "Browsers" which contains the stock browser and google. I added the Chrome to my homescreen but the image is att.net.......which is lame but ok I guess.
And on another note....I was trying to find another text app and downloaded Chomp....just to try it, but it never showed up on my home screen or drawer.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I drug it out the Google folder and added to a folder I made named "Browsers" which contains the stock browser and google. I added the Chrome to my homescreen but the image is att.net.......which is lame but ok I guess.
And on another note....I was trying to find another text app and downloaded Chomp....just to try it, but it never showed up on my home screen or drawer.

That sounds like a bookmark link to me..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like a bookmark link to me..

This is correct. It sounds like you added a webpage shortcut to the screen, rather than an app shortcut for Chrome. Webpage shortcuts are technically widgets, so make sure you're looking in the Apps section of the App Drawer, not the Widgets.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
How did you uninstall it and download it. Is it rooted?
As Javier said if you search for something in Google Search Google Now it generally opens in a Chrome browser, I think. You may want to set the default browser to Chrome to see if it comes up from a link.
There should be a default applications setting in Task Manager, I have a Galaxy Note 3, or you could Rsset App Preferences (all of them) in Applications Manager - Menu.
You sure it's not in your app drawer.
When you say it's showing as installed, do you mean Play Store shows that, or it's showing in Applications Manager - All, or both.

Why not empty all folders, put the app drawer in alphabetical order, and post a screenshot of the C's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech